Google must be getting tired of just tracking your searches and your emails and you calendar and you bookmarks and you documents and your…. anyway now they’re also tracking your friends, in real time! It uses your phone’s GPS or cell phone tower triangulation to track your every step and store it indefinitely on Google’s massive servers for further market research.
I might want to upgrade my phone, because Sony Ericssons and Apple iPhones are still only marked as “coming soon”. Here’s a list of support phones that I copied and pasted from Google’s site:
- Android-powered devices, such as the T-Mobile G1
- iPhone and iPod touch devices (coming soon)
- most color BlackBerry devices
- most Windows Mobile 5.0+ devices
- most Symbian S60 devices (Nokia smartphones)
- many Java-enabled (J2ME) mobile phones, such as Sony Ericsson devices (coming soon)
Google Latitude (via Google.com)
Google Launches Latitude To Track Friends On Mobile Maps (via washingtonpost.com)
I have a song in mind for this post, but I can seem to find a link to it, and god forbid I upload copyrighted music, so here’s an iTunes link to it:
Just on a note, this is the second song I’ ve linked called Ocean, and I am aware of other songs about stalking and Latitude, but this is the one I picked for this post. Enjoy!